-
May 30th, 2003, 06:34 PM
#1
Inactive Member
That doesnt make any sense, are you talking about new or used product(s) ?
One vendor I have dealt with (TurboXS) has had a real problem with ebay auctions of their UTEC engine management systems, which retail for about a grand, and can only get them new through authorized dealers, and not much of a discount either. There were a lot of fraudluent auctions going on with UTECs, so people are warned not to buy them on ebay, but hey, it's a free country.
I fail to see how this has anything to do with copyright infringement, maybe dealer territory protection, but that's not ebays business (actually, it's counter to the ebay business model of "get it the cheapest possible from wherever").
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 30, 2003 03:41 PM: Message edited by: The LS Avenger ]</font>
-
May 30th, 2003, 06:54 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I know of an instance where TODA made an internet speed shop remove all TODA copyrighted pictures and graphics even though the speedshop was responsible for 50% of the US sales of the part in question.
These big corporations love to shoot themselves in the foot.
-
May 31st, 2003, 03:05 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Dont try to sell any AEM products on eBay. It seems AEM has joined VeRO, a ebay program aimed at killing copyright infringement (and god only knows what else it is trying to do). Certain VeRO people (someone on AEM staff) have been going around cancelling any auction involving AEM products. I have bid on 4 auctions this past week that have been cancelled (fuel rails, filter and regulator).
This shows that AEM is now a greedy corporation that will not allow a customer to sell a frickin' item they no longer need on a open marketplace auction.
For me, I will never buy another AEM product again, and I challenge you all to do the same, and to pass the word on that AEM has sold its soul to all but important bottom line.
I am awaiting a response from AEM's owner or attorney regarding this situation, I'll keep you informed on their side of the story. But frankly, I cannot believe a company would have the balls to do this.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 30, 2003 12:06 PM: Message edited by: gsrteggie ]</font>
-
June 2nd, 2003, 12:39 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I cant understand how it is a violation of copyright either, and I want to go into trademark and copyright law. I was almost patched to the owner when I called and bitched, but they said their attorney would contact me. Hopefully he does today. I have no clue how a end user cannot sell a product on a open marketplace. IT is like saying someone cant sell a car they bought.
But anyways, I contacted several buyers, and they said they were end users, or dealers selling personal equipment they no longer need. Anyways, I'll keep this updated when I get more info
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks